Cottsway gifts over £11,000 to local community projects
Cottsway have gifted grants totalling over £11,000 to six local community projects.
The housing association has given the grant to support local community groups, with funding going to:
- Oxfordshire Youth - £2,335 to support their Mental Wealth Academy, a 3-year programme that supports 18-25-year-olds through non-clinical mental health interventions and wellbeing coping methods.
- Carterton Family Centre - £2,325 towards a kitchen refurbishment which, when finalised, will be used to help teach people to cook, including how to use up leftovers and eat more healthily.
- West Oxfordshire Community Transport – £2,280 towards buying a new replacement bus, so the community-owned co-operative can continue to provide a bus service to rural communities in the district.
- Carterton Football Club - £2,250 towards improving their football pitches.
- Dogs for Good - £1,900 to help fund the Banbury-based charity’s specially designed Family Dog Workshops, which provide parents of autistic children with the advice and long-term support needed for choosing and training a dog to benefit the whole family.
- Oxford Science and Ideas Festival - £450 towards magazine distribution costs to promote the annual IF Oxford Festival, an independent science festival which shares imaginative and thought‑provoking ideas.
Sam Stronach, Community Investment Officer at Cottsway, said: “I’m delighted that we’re able to continue to support such a wide-ranging variety of local community projects.
“We’ve increased our Community Fund to £30,000 this year to enable us to help more charities and voluntary groups. We offer grants of up to £5,000 to projects which benefit their local communities. We can also support Cottsway customers with up to £250 to learn new skills and improve their job prospects. If anyone feels they could benefit from additional funding, please get in touch.”
These six projects are the latest to receive funding from this year’s Cottsway Community Funding. To find out more, and how to apply, see www.cottsway.co.uk/fund