Community & Services
Please use the navigation on the left to display information about the local Carterton Community. If your organisation is not listed, please let us know and we will be happy to include it. See contact details on the Contact Us page.
A useful link for Community Groups including funding and support is http://www.justact.org.uk/
Representatives on Outside Bodies
Carterton Town Council is keen to interact with the wider local community at every level to help build a vibrant and sustainable community.
One way it has historically interacted with the community is by providing a Council representative on community groups and other organisations that request it. This service is known as the Representatives on Outside Bodies service.
What does the service mean to community groups?
The main benefits that existing users feel the service provides include:
- A designated point of contact within the Council;
- A source of information, knowledge and advice on a wide range of issues;
- Enabling groups to have an idea of what the Town Council are doing;
- Helping groups to promote themselves;
- Helping some groups feel part of the wider community;
- Facilitating wider partnership working.
What does the service mean to the Council?
The service helps the Council:
- Gain a first-hand knowledge of the community group and its activities;
- Assist groups to succeed in their aims, creating a vibrant and active community in the process;
- Disseminate information on Council activities and policies;
- Know where best to direct its funding efforts.
Interested Community Groups
If your organisation or community group would like to have representation from Carterton Town Council, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss. Current outside bodies include the Allandale Management Committee, Carterton Community Centre, Allotments Association, Squash Club Committee, Carterton Football Club and Brownes Hall Management Committee.